vases of all kinds

A vase can hold cut flowers from the garden. Or a plant you want to root. Or dried natural material. Or it can be left empty, as it holds a space on a shelf or table top. I make vases because I am inspired to play with form, and they turn out this way. 

 I feel happy with this one called Pockets
I have it on my kitchen counter with a matching red rock in a pocket 
Sometimes, I have spider plant babies in water in the middle and the pockets. 



 This is set of two small vases with hollow carved rims. 
The bases are made from repurposed extra handles that form a heart.




This is a "frog" for flower arranging (flute-like structures are glazed into the water dish).



Heart Rim Vases, carved.



This large round vase is decorated with texture from a resist, wash-away technique.



Fused-glass pieces I made, wired into custom cut spaces.



Watercolor Tree



Blue Curves



Triangle Vase
(this has a wider bottom than I could capture in a photo)



My potter friend, Elizabeth, came to my studio one day and threw bottles. 
She left them for me to trim, carve and glaze as I wanted. This is one of them. 






All contents of this site are property of Debra A. Griffin ©1981-2022. 
No images on this site may be used without permission.