sets of similar things/colors

I generally don't set out to make sets because folks don't buy sets. When I make something I like a lot though, I make things to match and it forms sets. I can always make more of any of these, or sets of other things that I have made that aren't in a "set" already.

Starry Night






Hugs and Kisses








This soft green and cream "nature" set was inspired by a design on a dish towel.




I like how the glaze ran around the wax resist spots on these.

 

 I cared these animals: box turtle, lion, elephant, zebra, and giraffe, onto these cups and bowls. Fun! 
The backs show the environment the animal lives in, and/or the food it eats. 


Close ups and other views:


 Elephant (front and back).




 Lion's environment.



Giraffe's abstract neck and tail goes around the cup.



Turtle's environment and eggs.




 Parrot



Waxed sunflowers and designs.

I threw a hollow rim and carved it after trimming on this big vase/deep bowl. 
It was fun to care the deep ridges and rim on my q-tip holder (in the bowl).



Sandy Beach with carved designs and stamped images.




A ripe banana peel inspired these.



Open Hearts (carved and resist decoration).



Leaves (dark version and light versions).




Dripping Blues



Free Swimming (inspired by a fish sculpture I have.)



Sunflowers



Sunny Days



Nest of Robins in Her Hair (poem inspired).



Crow and His Friends (made for Five Crows in Natick)





Pastel Colors (inspired by Elaine and Mia's pottery)



Life is a Circus



Pebbles





ABC Song...Sing Along with Me



Opals



Succulence (also below with stamps)





Sunflowers Off the Sides (waxed above, carved below)





Soft Flowers (cup and plate)



Tree Lines



Waxed Spirals, Two Tone Black and Green



White Sunflowers 



Natural (mugs, bowls, grater)



Yummy (resist design)



 Southwest Colors



"Wonder" glaze combo, named after a mug that had a quote with "wonder" in it.



All contents of this site are property of Debra A. Griffin ©1981-2021. 
No images on this site may be used without permission.