sculptural creations

I let the clay be my guide at times. I don't always know what I want to make or what it will be used for. I start by throwing something. Then I might bend it while soft, throw something double-walled...and whack pieces with wood, cut, and/or carve the clay when leather hard. It is fun and relaxing. I get into a zone.


Heavily-carved double-walled dish used in two different ways (above and below).




Beneficial Creatures
bee, worms, spider, dragonfly, ladybug








Holey, a double walled dish.



A student started this, making the form, then didn't like it anymore. 
I took it over, carving and glazing it, and adding the extra parts to my Bird House.





Boob cover/bowl and matching plate.





Five Faces, a vase cover



Baby Rattle, for a child who died soon after birth.



Blue Rose



Musical Boat (jewelry holder)



Button Hole Dish



Candle Holder



Fish Rattle



There is Love Inside Me rattles



Two Faces (dinosaur skin inspired)



Three Points Touch Down



All contents of this site are property of Debra A. Griffin ©1981-2022. 
No images on this site may be used without permission.